Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

the loudest of the loud

The loud music/yelling/noise that started around noon yesterday for no apparent reason proved to be our source of amusement for the rest of the day...

First, we were annoyed

Then, we wanted to know why it wouldn't stop

After that, we asked nicely for it to end

We were ecstatic when the electricity went out

...but then they got a generator, and the noise continued until 4AM.

Thanks to Justin and Ann Marie for the lovely videos.

I'll take the blaring mosque right outside my compound in Doundodji over this any day... back to village.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sarah!

    You have a very nice blog, and it is really cool to be able to read it. The stuff you do as a PCV is amazing, hope you are having a great time!

    My name is Rajko and I am from Montenegro, small country in southeastern Europe. I was wondering if it's possible for you to help me with my project. I am trying to collect postcards from every country in the world, and I still miss Senegal in my collection. So far, I've managed to collect postcards from almost 200 countries, and having postcard sent from Senegal would make my day, and I would be forever grateful to you! Of course, I can send you back anything you would like to receive from my country, just let me know what. I also have my postcard blog, where I show my collection day by day, you are very welcome to visit it: http://mnepostcards.blogspot.com/

    Thanks a lot for your help in advance! Here is my email: rajkogolovic@gmail.com

    Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Yours faithfully,
    Rajko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, I'd be happy to add to your collection- just send your address to sklegare@gmail.com, and I'll send out a postcard in the next few weeks, as soon as I travel to a city that actually sells them.

    ReplyDelete