Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Unemployment and other happenings

So this is it, my first Monday with no work! The next month of my life is one long weekend, and I anticipate enjoying it very much. Friday was my last day, and it was grand. It included a delicious lunch followed by a beautiful wonderful fabulous going away party complete with my favorite berry cake from whole foods, cookies, generous gifts, and so many of the people I will miss. Friday night was continued in style with friends, food, beer, and a great show by the guys of the Honey Gitters.

Lots of other things have happened since I last wrote, not all of them exciting, but there were a few highlights. Staging was moved from March 9th to the 7th and from Philly to DC, so I have a couple fewer days in the US lap of luxury. I also made a crazy small world discovery that two people I went to high school with are currently in Senegal serving with the Peace Corps, and doing environmental ed/health no less. That's got to rank up there with the best coincidences. I'm looking forward to there being a couple of familiar faces when I dive into life on the other side of the world.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,

    This is so exciting and scary all at once. I'm so proud of you and know that you will do great things.

    It sounds like you're doing a good job preparing and soaking up all the luxuries of home.

    It's wonderful you'll see some familiar faces there, as I'm sure you'll make friends easily. Take care of your badself, Cuz!


    Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete